Cornell University practices need-aware international admissions and provides financial aid to admitted international students and admitted undocumented students without DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival) status who apply for financial aid and have demonstrated financial need. Follow the instructions and deadlines below. If you are an undocumented resident with DACA status, click here.
Important note: There is no financial aid available for Spring 2017 international transfer admits.
- Complete the College Scholarship Service CSS PROFILE
- Cornell’s CSS code is 2098
Applicants who are unable to submit the online CSS PROFILE should contact us via e-mail at email@example.com well in advance and prior to the stated application deadlines
- CSS PROFILE fee waiver requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the stated application deadlines below
Financial Aid Deadlines:
Please pay close attention to the deadlines. Late applications may not be considered.
- Early Decision – November 1, 2016
- Regular Decision – January 2, 2017
- Fall Transfer – March 15, 2017
Important to note:
- Applicants who have dual U.S. citizenship should follow the instructions for U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
- Applicants should be prepared to submit additional information to Cornell University upon request, including but not limited to: parent and student 2015 and/or 2016 income information, noncustodial parent income and asset information, and a photocopy of your passport or citizenship documents.
- We practice need-aware international admissions and the offer of admission is directly linked to your ability to meet expenses. International candidates whose families have the financial means to afford educational costs are encouraged not to apply for financial aid.
- Review some Frequently Asked Questions regarding international financial aid at Cornell. If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us via email.