Access our appeal application form for appealing your financial aid decision for the upcoming academic year.
Cornell University releases financial aid offers that best reflects the information submitted in the financial aid application.
If information you provided in your financial aid application has changed or if the information was submitted incorrectly, you may submit an appeal. Please be prepared to provide documentation that supports your request.
Examples of circumstances we will consider include:
- Significant loss of income due to termination or change in employment
- Unexpected life event
- High medical, educational, or family expenses
- Correction to income information reported on financial aid application
Note: we are unable to consider appeals based on circumstances that include but are not limited to:
- High consumer debt
- Personal Expenses (pets, cars, housekeepers, vacations, sports, etc.)
- Fraternity or Sorority expenses
- Expenses that have not yet occurred
If you received a need-based offer from another Ivy League institution, Stanford, Duke, and/or MIT that is more favorable than Cornell’s, we welcome the opportunity to match their offer of financial aid. Please submit a copy of the aid offer from the other institution directly to our office.
Note: International students who received financial aid and want to appeal the decision should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Current international students who received financial aid and want to appeal the decision should email email@example.com. There is no appeal process for international students who were not selected to receive financial aid.