Important Information: The Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment has transitioned to a fully remote model of engagement. Service at the front desk and counselor walk-ins are suspended until further notice. Assistance will continue uninterrupted via email, phone, and our secure document uploads. For more information see our message about continuing operations remotely. For more information specific to the impact of coronavirus, please view Cornell's Coronavirus FAQ.

Please be mindful of phishing attempts regarding CARES Act Funding. To verify phishing attempts, please reference the Cornell IT Security Phish Bowl.

Consortium Agreements

  • A consortium agreement is a contract between a matriculated, Cornell undergraduate, her or his Cornell college registrar, and the registrar of a host college or university. This contract grants a student permission to enroll directly in a host university during the summer or academic year and then transfer completed credits back toward her or his Cornell degree.
  • Students with a consortium agreement are entitled to their Direct Loan and Pell Grant eligibility from the corresponding academic year. Cornell-based aid is NOT transferable. These non-transferable sources include, but are not limited to Cornell Grant, Federal Work Study, or Cornell University loan.
  • If interested in pursuing a consortium agreement during the academic year or summer, please email to request the consortium agreement form. You will be required to complete this form, have it signed by your college registrar, and return the approved form to The Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment in 203 Day Hall.
  • Students pursuing a consortium agreement for summer must enroll in and successfully complete a minimum of six credits in order to be eligible for any remaining Federal Direct Loan and/or Pell Grant from the most recently completed academic year.