Regardless of your eligibility for financial aid, Cornell offers a wide variety of part-time jobs. Working a modest number of hours each week provides you with resources to help make Cornell affordable. Find out what your employment earnings expectation should be for a job at Cornell.

Student Employment

You can work as a student employee as long as you remain registered full-time in a degree-granting program, enrolled in classes, and have no registration, bursar, or other holds on your Cornell record. Cornell does not place students in jobs. You conduct your own job search to identify opportunities that best fit your interests, skills, and class schedules. Our student employment job database posts on-campus student job opportunities, and part-time jobs in the local Ithaca/Tompkins County area.

Federal Work-Study

If you receive financial aid and are either a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen with financial need, you may also be eligible for Federal Work-Study (FWS). The employer who hires you is reimbursed by the federal government for the part of the wages you’re paid. This is the only difference between you and students who are not FWS-eligible.

Work-study does not mean you get paid to study, but rather you work in real jobs and earn real money that is yours to use toward covering your educational expenses. As a work-study student, the amount you are expected to earn from working is listed in your financial aid package.

Summer Jobs and Internships

Summer jobs and internships outside of Cornell/Tompkins County are advertised through Career Services. You can access the job postings with a valid Cornell NetID.

Important Note: If you plan to work at Cornell, you must prove your identity and your eligibility to work in the United States and complete an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form.