Summer Session Financial Aid
- Summer Session Application Deadline: May 1, 2022.
- Summer Session financial aid is only available in the form of work and loans for matriculated Cornell University undergraduate students enrolling in at least six credits. Cornell-based grant aid is not available for summer enrollment.
- If you were eligible for Pell Grant during the academic year, you may be eligible for Pell Grant for summer classes.
- Prorated parent contributions are calculated for summer based on the parent contribution from the most recently completed academic year.
- Bursar and Cornell Card balances must be paid in full to register for summer courses.
- Federal regulations require Cornell University to establish, publish, and apply reasonable standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). We will evaluate all students according to these standards after Spring grades are posted to confirm continued eligibility for aid. Your financial aid will be canceled if you are not meeting SAP requirements. We will notify you if you are not meeting these requirements. You will have an opportunity to appeal and provide additional information on your circumstances. Please review Cornell University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
- A Summer Session Aid Application is required.
Winter Session Financial Aid
- Winter Session financial aid is available in the form of loans for matriculated Cornell University undergraduate students.
- Winter Session aid is processed as a budget increase within the academic year. A separate parental contribution is not calculated.
- Bursar and Cornell Card balances must be paid in full in order to register for winter courses.
- A Winter Session Aid Application is required.